Sunday, March 16, 2014

Baking and Go West

Growing up, my sister and I were a lot closer than we are now, mostly because we both loved music with the same intensity, if not the same tastes. She'd be too proud to admit she wanted to borrow my Wham albums, but I knew she secretly wanted to listen. Me? I was never too afraid or embarrassed to ask for her Go West album. I especially liked their song "Call Me."

Sometimes, I don't think a Sunday can't get any cozier than if you bake in the kitchen while listening to music. I haven't seen my sister's copy of Go West's first album in decades, but I do have the song on my iPhone and it still sounds as good as ever while the smells of fresh baked scones spread through my apartment.

I'm not sure which is more shocking: that "Call Me" doesn't sound dated at all or that I successfully made a batch of scones. Either way, it's a nice Sunday! :)

Watch the catchy little video and try not to cringe too much at how much more its showing its age than the actual song does :) :

here

No comments: