Monday, May 26, 2014

Odds and ends...

I may have jumped the fence too soon on Songza the other day. I already find myself back to 8Tracks, especially because their opera playlists are so much better and more unique.



I have been impatiently waiting three years for an English translation to be released from one of my favorite (okay, my only favorite) German writers, but it looks like it's not going to happen so I bought the novel through iBooks and am painfully (it's literally quite painful) translating it myself.

In trying to do that I discovered that Siri can read your iBooks for you herself (or himself, if you switch the gender in your settings) and though her German is quite quite good, her performance is very understated. Siri, where , oh where, is your willingness to get into character?? You are certainly no Jim Dale!

If you would like Siri to read to you...

No comments: