Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I still think about Fringe, probably my favorite sci fi show of all time, whose ending almost breaks the tv side of my heart. 

In the midst of re-watching season 5 I'm feeling the dystopian edge even more than I did when it first aired on Fox in early 2013. I like dystopian (and apocalyptic) fiction for the survival aspects and (quite selfishly, and even irrationally, I suppose) because bleakness in a made-up world is my mental comfort food.

I have re-watched Fringe more times than I should admit. The cast, especially John Noble as "Walter," was the draw for me, right from the beginning. How can you not love a man who loves cows?

Season 5 is so different than the previous four seasons that it almost feels like a reboot of the series if not for how carefully seemingly small things eventually tie in.


I'm not sure if it's neat or scary to discover there are over 3,400 stories on fanfiction.net's website:

https://www.fanfiction.net/tv/Fringe/


No comments: