Monday, June 23, 2014

 
"Live by the harmless untruths that make you brave and kind and healthy and happy."-Cat's Cradle
 
 
I agree that there is tons of love in the world, I do. Despite what we hear in the news and see day to day, there is still more love to be found than hate; there is. And I also believe that people can find if it they just look. They can find it within themselves and for others, but whether they find love that is mutual is a different story.
 
It used to be one of my 'harmless untruths' believing someday love would happen for me. It was only after I stopped deluding myself and made peace with the fact it may never, probably never will, happen that I actually grew less sad, not more so. I'd like to think it's okay to love someone no matter what, as long as we keep things in perspective and understand what is real versus what is not.

I totally get what Kurt Vonnegut means in Cat's Cradle when he talks about 'the harmless untruths that make you brave and kind and healthy and happy.' But if holding on to something that's not true (no matter how harmless it may be to keep clutching at it) is making you miserable, it's time to let go.





 

No comments: