Monday, June 23, 2014

Timeless, despite being representative of one of my favorite genres (time travel romance), did not really impress me that much. The novel has a clinical touch, rather than an emotional one, and the narrator comes across as a know-it-all, which may relate to the plot (it's hard not to seem like a smarty pants in high school when you're 30 and trapped in a teenager's body) but still is grating.

I did come away with some great quotes that I can definitely relate to in my life:

“Being attracted to someone unexpected doesn’t have to be the end of the world.”


“I won’t run from anything, but some days I do wonder what it would feel like to run toward something or someone.”

Because you unravel me. Because you affect me in ways no book ever has. Because you override my fear and compel me to speak truth through my pain and confusion.

And then I read this passage from Cassandra Clare's wonderful book Clockwork Angel:



“It's all right to love someone who doesn't love you back, as long as they're worth you loving them. As long as they deserve it.”

On certain days, I struggle a lot with trying to be and feel "normal" emotionally and on those days I try to avoid any kind of passionate music. Certain types of music feed my weirdness and my angst, while books calm them and make me see things at least a little bit more rationally.

I tried "Googling" 'guilt and liking someone you shouldn't', but I can't find any information so far. I did find a more general article on guilt, though:

 http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/health/the-ten-most-common-causes-of-guilt-758506

No comments: