Thursday, November 27, 2014

It happens even when I'm extra careful. My headphones get snagged one too many times in my book bag and over time the wires get a short in them and I have to get a new pair. Recently, I bought a set that looks like something fancy you'd use in a recording studio and yet they are...well, I won't use the actual word I want.

Not only do they weigh my big head down enough to bring on vertigo, the bass sounds awful and there is no actual "there" there. My five dollar headphones from 5 and Below worked better than this.

I have my iPhone ear buds to fall back on for now, but I don't like ear buds; they never stay in and the sound just isn't as good. Plus, you can't turn off everything else the way you can with headphones.

Speaking off music that helps you forget the world for a while... Future Islands' "Doves" (the Vince Clarke remix, specifically) is amazing.

It's the saddest dance song I've heard in ages. Samuel Herring's voice is terrific, the way it transforms from melodic baritone into a deep guttural growl only makes the song more intense, more bare in its expression. My heart wants to break but my feet want to dance.

*re-rub (according to Urban Dictionary): "The rerub of a song is a less radical reworking of the original than a remix. A rerub adds new drums, new snare, new percussion, possibly effects. Rerubs are also often shorter than the original song.
David Guetta thought he remixed Cassius's song "Toop Toop" but it's just a freakin rerub. All he did was add some bass. "

No comments: