Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thursday odds...


 

I was listening to the DI music app again and discovered this awesome, awesome dj/singer named Tallulah Goodtimes (the name is spelled wrong on the app.) She mixes swing with electro synth and hip hop...it's amazing stuff. "Hop On This" is not available for purchase, but I've been taking it in on Sound Cloud. It's made my whole day:

http://www.tallulahgoodtimes.com/hop/

The SoundCloud app is another favorite and I love it most for finding different mixes for the same song, in this case Andy Gibb's "Shadow Dancing":


Brendon P's "Moonlight Shadow" dub





Never start your cleaning with the bookcase. I always forget this and my dusting venture ends (shortly after it just started) with me sitting on the floor, engrossed in a book I completely forgot I owned.

So now, I'm reading a collection of stories from an old Alfred Hitchcock anthology. The best one I've read so far is called "The Clock is Cuckoo" by Richard Deming, but I also like "Six Skinny Coffins" by Jonathan Craig.

If you don't mind reading a PDF file, you can link to the Richard Deming story here:

http://the.hitchcock.zone/wiki/Alfred_Hitchcock%27s_Mystery_Magazine_(May_1969)

No comments: