Thursday, December 4, 2014


 


So the title character from the book I mentioned the other day (Suzie and The Monsters) has almost no scruples. But her iTunes play list is rather unbelievably good.

I do not particularly like the book itself (though the writing's decent enough) but I can't stop reading because I've already added five of the songs Suzie Kew (yes, that's her full fake name) listens to as she either moonlights at a strip club, jogs with her iPod on or uses her stealthy vampire skills to hypnotize men to get past check points at various places she's trying to break in along the way.
 
If not for Suzy Kew, I'd have no idea there's a samba version of "The Pink Panther," (also check out Mancini's Meglio Stasera) that there was a ridiculously (and shamefully) likable song in the early 90s called "People Are Still Having Sex" or that vampires (at least in this case) have amazing taste in classical music (see below.)

Also interesting is this book Suzie thinks about at one point; I have never heard of The Life and Opinions of the Tomcat Murr before:


No comments: