Saturday, January 24, 2015

Saturday odds and ends...

 I really do think there is something to this:

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/01/19/writing-your-way-to-happiness/?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&region=CColumn&module=MostEmailed&version=Full&src=me&WT.nav=MostEmailed&_r=0







And I am loving this book so far:

it's funny, heartfelt in a non-sentimental manner and kind of Dickensian in its narrative (though in a much lighter way). It's not a romance at all, but more a fictional look at how much one woman can affect another woman's life. If you remember the first person you ever looked up to with love and pure adoration, then this book is for you...





At school I remembered how I daydreamed while doodling wobbly profiles of beautiful women in the margins of my exercise books. Women I would mean everything to, women I would save. There was never any doubt in my mind that I could save them and yet within a few fleeting years Aunt Ed, the first (and maybe only) woman I’d ever
love, was dead.

No comments: