Sunday, March 22, 2015

two recent reads...

 

Off Screen is just a bit short for my tastes, but I love the writing, how sweet the story is and how both lead characters take their time getting to know each other. Becoming friends first, but secretly hoping for more, each woman is adorably endearing in her uncertainty about how the other feels.

Other pluses for me include: a vulnerability and earnestness found both in the writing itself and both women. I love the author's observations on so many things, but especially how writing can heal and the fears of falling in love (and not being loved back.)

What it lacks in length, Off Screen makes up for in substance. Well under one hundred pages, this novella sets things up nicely for what I hope will be a super sequel (see: The Red Carpet).








This is absolutely, positively the sweetest and most adorable tale I've read in quite a while. I'm still smiling from how nice and sincere it is. More lesfic should aspire to be have old-fashioned romance and wonderfully quirky characters who deeply care about each other. I would have paid twice what I did for such a charming read! :)

No comments: