Monday, April 6, 2015



Sarabeth Tucek's Get Well Soon is a very good album for a down kind of night, or any kind, but if you're not careful, you can get sucked into it beyond what is healthy. That's how beautiful and sad it is. And there are traces of Karen Carpenter in her voice so that doesn't help the sadness factor any. But, definitely, this is worth giving a listen.

It's also one of the most painfully honest and exposed albums I think I've ever heard...especially on songs like "At The Bar" and the title track. A really great review for it follows here:

...Signing off with the title track, Get Well Soon and its creator's state of mind during the making of this album could perhaps be summed up by her own grief-stricken admission: "I knew I was sad, I'd recognised it was bad, but now looking back, I see my mind it was cracked". Where some records are maybe just too personal for public consumption, it's the uneasy fragility contained within Get Well Soon that renders it such a fascinating experience, highlighting Sarabeth Tucek as one of the most candid songwriters of her generation.

http://drownedinsound.com/releases/16211/reviews/4142617

No comments: