Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hope you're having a great day!!!I just came out of one our (almost always terrific!) staff meetings where we opened with a ten-minute presentation on stress management. Believe it or not I learned more in that time than I have from dozens of self-help books.

Two of the most central concepts: we cannot change our past* and we cannot change the fact that people act in a certain way (plus the idea that we cannot change the inevitable) are both small battles I have serious trouble winning sometimes.

But something about the speaker (and the peace stones she gave us!) has inspired me to try and not worry so much...and to remember that old (sometimes tired-sounding cliche when you're in a bad mood!) saying that attitude is everything!

Peace to you!!! And always be well!:) 



*Issues with the past (for many of us, I think) often involve not being able to forgive ourselves for something we did to someone else...for all the talk you hear about regretting the things we didn't do, I still think the regret over what we did do is far more painful!!

But I want to end on a postive note, so I'll just say again: HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!:)

No comments: