Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Interpreting The Masters Volume 1: A Tribute To Daryl Hall And John Oates
I was SO excited to buy this yesterday! Up until a year ago I never thought I'd ever buy music digitally...I really prefer having hard copies of music on my shelf that I can grab quickly and put on my stereo. But between saving four to five dollars by going on the Amazon MP3 store and being able to skimp on gas money (to go to Target or Best Buy) to go straight to my laptop...I can't argue with the convenience. Not to mention my iAudio player makes everything sound as good (if not better!) than the stereo.

Anyhow...the bird and the bee!! Their newest album is awesome!!!They are faithful to Hall and Oates while maintaining the beautiful quirky sounds of the bird and the bee. AND, unlike other groups and singers, they aren't too worried about changing the pronouns of the songs. So what if Inara George is singing about a woman? She doesn't care so why should we.

The best tracks on "Interpreting the Masters Volume 1" are, quite simply, ALL of them!!:)

But I'm just amazed at how much I love the trippy bounce of "I Can't Go For That" (always been my favorite H&0 song!) and the deliciously earnest and frothy "Heard it on The Radio" (the only song on the ablum that's not a cover!)

USA TODAY and other publications haven't been too keen on the album, but I definitely CAN go for this great ablum...

No comments: