Thursday, October 21, 2010

BASIC BATH SCALE
..."nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"...


Kate Moss got into so much trouble for saying this a while back. It may not be politically correct or even right, but sometimes I fervently believe it's true. The few times in my life I've been able to abstain from food or cut back for a little bit, it's almost felt like being free from sin...and the self-esteem, the knowledge that you can conquer something so primitive as hunger feels like a revelation.

There is no easy way to diet or else losing weight would be a breeze, but I do find that this guy is a huge culprit in keeping me from sticking to my diet at times:

Sanus Systems TV32 TV Turntable (Black, 32 Inch)
...well not this tv, in particular, but the combination of eating and tv at dinner time. I found once I stopped associating food with watching my favorite shows and started forcing myself to watch tv without having munchies on hand I lost more weight.

When I was in my 20s I could eat almost anything I wanted and stay at a reasonably respectable weight, but now in my early 40s I have to cut back more than half my food intake and exercise twice as hard. There's really no other choice...because the fear of getting fat (and knowing it could easily happen with each passing year) is just too overwhelming....as is the need to put all of your happiness into something that is so fleeting and but a taste on your lips.

No comments: