Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Beer in Outer Space?

The Universe: The Complete Season One
Thanks to insomnia and specials about The Universe on the History Channel late at night, I now know that far far out in space there are "beer clouds."


And I was so full of wonder at this I just had to get a second opinion online:


"Scientists said the cloud, located near the constellation Aquila, contains enough alcohol to make 400 trillion trillion pints of beer." 



read more here


I don't drink alcohol, but I definitely know people who will be both happy and sad to hear this...happy that so much beer exists, sad that it is so terribly out of reach!!:)

2 comments:

Lady Disdain said...

Holy schnitzel, that's a lot of beer! Doubtful whether we need that much - we seem to be doing so well with what amount we already have -.-

Have you managed to see Howl and Whisper of the Heart yet? =)

just a girl said...

I'm also doubtful!Beer has its place, I'm sure, somewhere:), but it also can be a very dangerous thing when placed in the wrong hands...

I haven't seen Howl yet, but I loved Whisper of the Heart! Loved it so much I'm going to get my own copy after having borrowed the library's. It had me from the moment Olivia Newton John's cover of "Take Me Home, Country Roads" started playing:)