Sunday, March 15, 2015

There are days when I'm almost afraid to leave the house, not because I'm afraid of people so much...as I'm afraid of how I will interact with them.

Except for work I really don't go anywhere but to the store and to get my errands done. I don't necessarily like being alone so much, but the worrying part of me prefers that, because it's impossible to unintentionally antagonize or annoy someone if you keep to yourself, by yourself.

The worst thing about good intentions is it doesn't always matter who you really are or what you mean...people often only see what is on the surface. 

A shy person comes across as a snob. A person who is fearful or been hurt whenever she dared open her heart in the past now may come across as cold or uncaring. 

Past experiences or tormenting thoughts can keep us from showing our true selves and we are judged by what we do or say, not by what we feel. So someone who comes across as a stumbling conversationalist or as having no emotions may be the exact opposite...some of us figure it's better to stay hidden than to venture out.

I wish (sometimes), like ET, we had heartlights so we all knew where we stood with each other.






No comments: