Sunday, April 5, 2015

as seen on Pinterest
It's been a very quiet day, except for the birds singing outside. If it weren't on Kindle, I'd toss Dune to the ground, immature as that may be. The birds are taking the edge off that inclination.

There's a huge tree outside my window and with it open, I can really hear them. They actually have helped me feel better...I wasn't really in the mood for music today, but somehow their sounds are helping. They actually sound cheery. :)

Even when I hear them around 4 in the morning (they can be so loud, at times) I almost kind of like it then as well. I feel less alone with them around and you just got to admire their pluck. I could never be perky enough to sing like they do so early in the day.

Not too long ago, Wired ran something on their website about birds and their singing, specifically...in the morning:

http://www.wired.com/2014/03/birds-sing-morning/


This actually made me smile>>>

"One idea is that in the early morning, light levels are too dim for birds to do much foraging. Since light levels don’t affect social interactions as much, it’s a great opportunity to sing, instead."


No comments: