Monday, April 27, 2015



Even if I weren't gay and even if I weren't at odds with my parents over this issue, I know I would still support gay rights. Earlier today at work, I overheard a co-worker say something homophobic and I think it was only how tired I was and how futile I knew it would be that I didn't say anything to them. I clip news articles sometimes so I can pull them out on especially trying days and read things like this:

"His commandment is worthy — and warranted. All of us, no matter our religious traditions, should know better than to tell gay people that they’re an offense. And that’s precisely what the florists and bakers who want to turn them away are saying to them."

 http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/05/opinion/sunday/frank-bruni-same-sex-sinners.html

There are so many real evils in this world, so many real battles to fight, I sincerely, with no malice towards the far far right or anyone else who is anti-gay, cannot understand why gay marriage (and the desire for two people to share love and grow old together) is considered one of those battles. Love is love and I firmly believe that, even when people I know and respect are telling me otherwise.


No comments: