Monday, April 12, 2010

What the Librarian Did (Harlequin Superromance)
My co-workers and I sometimes (discreetly, of course!) laugh at the new romance titles that cross our fiction desk. _What the Librarian Did_ by Karina Bliss is no exception. But it's not the title as much as the tagline: "She's got a secret that's long overdue."

The even funnier thing is I picked it up when I got to my desk in the back and started reading it and (so far!) it's not that bad!:)

 Now about those librarian stereotypes...those of us who work in the field rarely dress like the woman on the cover and some of us may be just as likely as the guy on the cover to sport tattoos (discreetly, of course!)

I'm trying to think of any other profession that has such a stuffy reputation and I'm coming up empty...from what I've seen it's one that's pretty false!

No comments: