Monday, April 26, 2010


When I was in high school Otra Vez by Miami Sound Machine was one of my favorite albums. I remember finding it in a record store one day and absolutely going crazy (silently, of course, I was always silent when I screamed back then) because it was so hard to find their early 80s Spanish only records anywhere, much less at the local Sam Goody. That album made me so happy and later (way after that year of school was over) I was still dancing away to the sounds on my Sony Cassette Walkman.

I just always wanted to dance like a fool when I heard their upbeat songs. I didn't care that I didn't know one word of Spanish. I knew what the spirit of the songs was and that was all that mattered to me.

I really don't think about Miami Sound Machine that much anymore...but tonight I popped in this album by Los Amigos Invisibles and I felt that same happy goofy way again...I just discovered them, like three hours ago, and all I can is: wow! I want to dance around the living room like crazy, but I live in an apartment and it's getting late and I don't want to disturb my neighbors, but: oh     my     gosh...did I saw wow?

Miami Sound Machine what? This is even better than those bittersweet sounds I can almost hear right now.

If you don't believe me listen to "Mentiras" right now!!

Commercial

No comments: