Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Pacific Ocean Blue (Legacy Edition)


About two years ago I checked out "Pacific Ocean Blue" by Dennis Wilson and brought it home from the library. I really never gave it a proper listen until now and boy have I been missing out on some very lovely, amazingly painful beauty.

The All Music website writes: "Dennis could sing like angel, but an earthbound one who lost his wings yet never lost his love of the spiritual and romantic in the world."

Highlights from this underrated masterpiece include: "Riversong," "It's Not Too Late," "Dreamer," "Friday Night" and "He's A Bum"...

Dennis Wilson (who looked much older than his actual age) lived a hard life and died way too young. Often he was overshadowed by his brother Brian (considered the genius behind the Beach Boys) but after hearing this 2 disc set I have to ask myself why Dennis hasn't gotten more of the attention he deserves...this is heady stuff!!


more on this later!!

No comments: