Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Nacional Records Sampler 2011 | The New Sounds Of Latin Music Volume 2
i don't care if it takes me all night
we're driving until it makes this nightmare untrue
this is not a love song, not a love song...

This free sampler (available through Amazon MP3) has a gorgeous track on it called "One Night" by Bostich + Fussible. The rest of the album is pretty darn good, too. But "One Night" is so appealing because it has that rare combination of sad and sultry that I like...in songs such as "Come Undone" by Duran Duran or "Try To Sleep" by Low.

"One Night," from what I can tell...I couldn't find the lyrics online and sometimes the song is so quiet I can't hear all the words, is so stark and bleak because the narrator is trying to fix a broken relationship that has left him beyond despair (or so he sounds.)

Driving at night is the only thing keeping him sane. The song unravels in my mind like a movie. It's hypnotic and heart-breaking, reasons enough to make it a winner.

But if you need another reason...the horn arrangement is a killer!

No comments: