Monday, January 20, 2014

I'm still trying to figure out why I can't seem to make the pictures I use stay on Blogger, but for now I guess I'll still write because I can't seem not to write.

Music always (or almost always) seem to be the one constant in my life, the one thing that never is not part of my day. I love it even more than I do books. When I was in high school and started to realize that as much as I loved it, I had little to no talent musically I felt so frustrated. Then I realized that not having talent doesn't interfere at all with being able to love and deeply appreciate music. I went through a long period of desperately wanting to be a dj, but of course everybody who loves music goes through a period where they want to be a dj. :)

Junior year of high school I fell in love with the album Joshua Tree by U2.  But it wasn't until I got older that I realized they had done so much more that was just as good. A couple of weeks ago I was playing around on a music streaming website and discovered "Dancing Barefoot" off a limited edition 2 cd set of The Best of 1980-1990. The second disc contained rare B sides and I can't get enough of them (especially: "Dancing Barefoot" and "Everlasting Love.")

Discovering 'rare' editions of albums by favorite musicians can be so neat. The difference between music you can find on Amazon and the music you can find on Amazon UK is amazing. More of the track listing for the second disc:

No.TitleOriginally Released onLength
1."The Three Sunrises"  "The Unforgettable Fire" single3:52
2."Spanish Eyes"  "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" single3:14
3."Sweetest Thing"  "Where the Streets Have No Name" single3:03
4."Love Comes Tumbling"  "The Unforgettable Fire" single4:40
5."Bass Trap" (Best Of edit)"The Unforgettable Fire" single3:31
6."Dancing Barefoot" (extended version; Patti Smith, Ivan Kral)"When Love Comes to Town" single4:45
7."Everlasting Love" (Buzz Cason, Mac Gayden)"All I Want Is You" single3:20
8."Unchained Melody" (Alex North, Hy Zaret)"All I Want Is You" single4:52
9."Walk to the Water"  "With or Without You" single4:49
10."Luminous Times (Hold on to Love)"  "With or Without You" single4:35
11."Hallelujah Here She Comes" (Best Of edit)"Desire" single4:00
12."Silver and Gold"  "Where the Streets Have No Name" single4:37
13."Endless Deep"  "Two Hearts Beat as One" single2:57
14."A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel" (Best Of edit)"Angel of Harlem" single4:32
15."Trash, Trampoline and the Party Girl"  

No comments: