Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I am so excited to be excited about things again...trying personal experiences can suck the life right out of your enthusiasm. My newest thing to be grateful for is this...

The Novel: A Biography is so heavy (well over 1000 pages) that it actually sank my bed down a tad. I saw it on the shelf at the library and "700 years" and "history of the novel" just jumped out at me when I looked at the flyleaf.

I am way more giddy than I should be about it, but I love stuff like this and so many of the titles referred can be found on Google books and downloaded for free through Kindle and Google Play...as if there aren't already enough books to read!!

There aren't any reviews for it on Amazon, but the Goodreads crowd really seems to like it. I agree with some reviewers who say it's the kind of book you have to buy and have nearby all the time.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18770233-the-novel?from_search=true

as seen on Random House's Facebook page

 
 


No comments: