Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sunday odds and ends, throughout the day...and on Monday

Who knew there is a small subset of self-help books that focus on using parallel universe theory to greatly improve your life? 

As hokey as it sounds it's definitely not boring...and (if it were real and worked) would be kind of nice to channel the positive aspects of an alternate version of you into this you. Instead of wondering whether there is another you somewhere out in the universe, you could be the person here.

I'm a bit ashamed to say I bought this for my Kindle, but the quantum physics-fascinated part of me just had to...and the part that likes to think somewhere I'm getting it right better than I am here. I

It's too soon to say good things, though. The author is using lots of science, but so far real world application of this seems pretty flimsy.




From the 2014 Fall Season Preview in the Wall Street Journal:

"I love to cry, and I love music that makes me really vulnerable. I like coming out of a show feeling ripped into a million pieces. When music can do that, then it's just an amazing thing."-Laurie Anderson

http://online.wsj.com/articles/35-new-yorkers-share-their-fall-arts-entertainment-picks-1411078936


Sunday turned out to be a busy day and I still haven't read the papers, but I am excited about some of the new tv shows ("Gotham" airs tonight at 8 on Fox), though these reviews make they seem "iffy."(I do love this part of the review for "NCIS: New Orleans;" it's absolutely true>>Scott Bakula is one of our great underrated TV resources.)

 http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/fall-tv-reviews-scorpion-forever-ncis-new-orleans

For more reviews, including one for "Gotham," read here:

 http://www.tvguide.com/News/New-Fall-TV-Season-Reviews-Gotham-Sleepy-Hollow-Forever-Scorpion-1087342.aspx

No comments: