Monday, December 22, 2014

I think about how much I love anything zombie and I wonder if it has something to do with the deadness inside of me that comes to my aid and surfaces during trying times. 

I see someone I like (whom I'm not supposed to) and I steel myself so well (it's taken time, but I think I've perfected it) I am almost positive the feelings are gone...even if they aren't really. With enough determination and acting, you can even convince yourself you no longer care.

The Living Dead 2 (as well as its predecessor The Living Dead) is full of high quality writing, sometimes bordering on beautiful. For me, the stories that appeal most are the ones that combine suffering with survival, even if that survival comes with the high cost of detachment. 

For more perspective on zombie fiction and The Living Dead anthology read here:

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2010/09/zombie-round-table-what-is-the-appeal-of-zombie-fiction

No comments: