Sunday, August 4, 2024

I woke up at three this morning, realizing I couldn't remember the last time I had my flashdrive, which contains pretty much everything I wrote from 2010-2019. 

Five years later, it seems weird that I suddenly thought of it, but it's one of those things you want to find before someone else does. One of the things on it is a 500+ page novel I wrote over four years that is absolutely God-awful.

"Are you afraid someone might find it and try to use it as yours?" the person I told asked me. I just laughed...a lot. Scoffed, is more like it. It was safe from that, I told her.

I've looked everywhere for it now that I realize it's gone. I'm glad my name isn't on any of the documents within it, but I still want to find it so I can dispose of it properly.

One thing I lost that I do want to find is one of my diaries. I kept diaries from 2001-2019 (no coincidence there...I just seemed to lose my faith in writing in all areas back then).

My 2008 diary has some memories I really want to look out but I can't exactly bring to mind on my own.

No comments: