Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Solaray - Ashwagandha, 470 mg, 60 capsulesSolaray Ashwagandha -- 470 mg - 60 Vegetarian Capsules
I have never been the calmest of people. I've gotten better over the years, thanks to music and counting a lot under my breath, but there are still times when I have to concentrate hard at what I'm doing so I don't let stray, jittery thoughts in.

I used to know this quote by heart but forgot it somehow and who said it...but it talked about being able to find true inner peace in the middle of the worst chaos.

This is where Ashwagandha comes in, an herb I recently found at Whole Foods that has transformed my entire pre-bedtime experience. It hasn't completely solved my insomnia issues, but it sure has made it easier to unwind, to lay back and open my mind to nothing, even when the world and bills and worrying about family or friends threatens to swim in.

I don't really feel comfortable recommending something that may differ from person to person. Other herbs I've liked (let's say Valerian Root) have agreed with me, but almost sent someone else I know to the hospital because her heart started beating madly. Herbs, like prescription medicine, can be dangerous if not used right.

Still, I can't help but be excited about something that has made finding inner peace (at least in small doses) within my reach...and in this lifetime!:)

No comments: