Saturday, September 17, 2011

Get Well Soon (the way it's meant to be said)

Last year I was floored when I first heard Rumer sing on the single "Slow." She sounded so much like Karen Carpenter it kind of scared me, mostly because you don't hear too many vocalists who resemble the late singer's voice so well.

And it also made me feel sad because I'm pretty sure if Karen Carpenter were still alive today she would still be singing and sounding as marvelous as ever. She loved music so much I don't think you'd be able to tear her away from it!

But moving on...I was floored again tonight for the same reason when someone tweeted about the album Get Well by Sarabeth Tucek and I just had to have a listen. 

Her resemblance to Karen (mentioned in the tweet) is also uncanny, but putting aside that for the moment, I'll say this: Get Well Soon is an amazing, amazing recording and certainly worth its own merit no matter whom Tucek sounds like!

read more here

No comments: