Tuesday, June 23, 2015


As I have continued to struggle with my insomnia and face that things are changing in my personal life, I will take any peace I can find whenever and wherever I can find it. I was believing the wrong things, which has lead to my unhappiness, and I was looking to happiness outside of myself and it really is true (I truly believe this) that you really cannot be happy when you care too much about what other people think and when your happiness comes from another person. As some of the things I have not wanted to believe are true really are true and this sinks in I took solace in the weirdest places, like in my "Fringe" dvds and sad songs and in how somehow Mary McDowell's voice is so darn soothing and it makes things seem like they are going to be better. I know how silly that must sound, but just as I love the "Fringe" cast, I find "Major Crimes" to also have one of the best ensembles ever in a tv show. Everyone on the show has something to contribute and though my insomnia continues to be a bear, it is nice to have "Major Crimes" to keep me company.

from cafepress.com
I gave up coffee back in April, but this is what insomnia feels like to me.

No comments: