Tuesday, November 15, 2016

I so dislike the words "sexual identity" and "sexual minority." Though I think well-meaning people can use these words I also think that the far right and very conservative Christians use them to emphasize "sex" so they can feel better about being homophobic or, worse, feel okay with demonizing gay people.

Maybe homophobic do not see this or maybe they might not even be capable of grasping this, but being gay is not about sex. It really is not, at least not for people like me who are celibate and/or virgins. I would like to give anti-gay people the benefit of the doubt and believe that they would feel differently if they knew how much gays and lesbians suffering from being marginalized (or even hated or abused) because of who they are, but I am not so sure. 

What I am sure about it is that for those of who who are gay, especially lesbians (who I think tend to be ridiculed even within their own community for this), finding novels like the one below is very, very rare and much appreciated:

Image result for rare and beautiful things lesbian novel
a rare and special thing, where a main character is a lesbian and a virgin and an adult

No comments: