Monday, June 10, 2024


My last post was originally written after I drank two glasses of wine and spoke into my microphone to text app. I left my words untouched for a bit after I posted, then went back in and fixed my mistakes.

I'm tempted now to get rid of it completely, but then I think: no. The lgbtqia+ community is in danger and its youth are more prone to suicide than straight youth.

I named one individual in particular, Dr. Everette Piper, because he has a regular column in the very far right newspaper Washington Times and on Mondays he (and sometimes another columnist, Robert Knight) both choose to write about queer people in the most hateful and ignorant of ways. Their writing borders on rabid obsessive and is almost always inflammatory.

Homophobia feels stronger and more hateful than ever before and we really are backsliding into the days when ant-gay attitudes ran amok everywhere. 

Some people are worried with Trump and the Heritage Foundation's Project 2025 that we will return to the days of the 1950s, but from what I've read, the 1850s seem more like it. No one, except straight white men, will be spared.

No comments: