Sunday, February 21, 2010

Meet Danny Wilson

My sister gave me an Amazon MP3 music store gift card and "Meet Danny Wilson" is one of the albums I bought. I absolutely adored this album in college and had since lost my copy (in cassette) so it was the first thing I thought of when I went online to use my card.

Danny Wilson's most well-known song "Mary's Prayer" is so beautiful and magical that the very first time I heard it (in a record store that still sold records and way before digital music was even a gleam in someone's eye) I thought I might have to sit down for fear of fainting....Hyperbolic? maybe, but "Meet Danny Wilson" is full of wondrous moments, whether it's "Mary's Prayer," the smooth and jazzy "Nothing Ever Goes to Plan" or the very odd and cheeky "Five Friendly Aliens."

No comments: