Thursday, June 18, 2015

 
from thoughtcatalog.com



I will say this for mean and painfully blunt people: you always know where you stand with them! To find out that someone who has always been civil, even sometimes very nice, to you actually does not like you is far more painful than knowing right up front that the mean person cannot stand you!

I think of this one person I know and how the way they look at me says far more than the words that come out of their mouth. :( 

Ralph Waldo Emerson said it best:



I think this would be less hurtful if I weren't also facing the inescapable inner knowledge that a friend I recently made has changed her mind about me and is slowly drifting away. :( All the signs are there and I know it is only a matter of time before I lose her friendship. I am not very good with making friends, I never have been. It is like all the bad things within me (my loneliness and even, I am ashamed to say, my sometimes intense tendency to show my feelings too much) can be suppressed for a while, then, one day, just rise to the surface and really scare people off...

I am struggling to deal with the conviction that someone I like a lot just cannot stand me and I found this article online which has a lot of good things to say, including this:

But in the end you realize something very important. She just doesn't like you. She just. doesn't. like. you. Something about the essence of you has her angry, jealous, annoyed, whatever.

This thought should be freeing to you. Because you're off the hook. But as it's freeing, it can be overwhelming as well. Why doesn't she like you? Aren't you so likable? Didn't Mom tell you that you're the sun to her shine? You think you're pretty swell. Are you wrong? Does everyone hate you but you, and you're compounding your dumbness by missing that?



No comments: